Wednesday, June 25, 2008

There is no hard G sound in gli, damnit!

Were I in the position to teach Italian to others, I'd apparently need to spend a minimum of a week on pronouncing the 'gl' sound. It's been over a month and most of the class has yet to grasp this novel concept. Taking summer classes has been absolutely miserable. If only I could hop in the De Lorean and tell my lazy freshman ass to get out of bed more often...

I find that being surrounded by idiots drags me down. I take classes with idiots, hide in the library for a little while and then go to work with idiots. When I get home, my brothers act like idiots. There is entirely too much idiocy in my life right now and my brain is all scattered as a result. I need solace desperately. I also need sleep desperately and I'm not sure which of the two would be more easily attained right now. I can't think or write with any eloquence or concision and that bothers me endlessly. I went to write a paper for my music class and allowed myself to write trite, dumbed-down garbage because I couldn't achieve anything better and knew it wouldn't affect my grade any. One might even say that I have the puzzles, if one knew the origin of the term.

Álex Ríos shows signs of life, movie at eleven. (I can now cross that lame phrase off of my list of lame phrases that I've yet to use)


I'll swallow poison, until I grow immune

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home