Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It's been a while..

...no, not that shitty Staind song (redundant you say?). Things are busy back at the U - classes, job, schoolwork, drinking and the like. Great way to start the season against FSU, by the way. Never a good day when you have to see a punter goof like that. If only we had big Todd Sauerbrun on our team, shit like that would never happen. Anywho, let me recap all of the significant things I haven't commented on over the last month:

Bush botched national disaster #2, only this time we've got no one to bomb for it. Amazing that this could happen when the head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency is a Bush appointee whose closest past experience was as a commissioner for the International Arabian Horses Association, and he was a bad one, at that. Here's a timeline outlining Chimpy's fuckup.

And speaking of Fearless Leader, Bush's approval ratings are plummeting, and oh do I love seeing it. Dare I say we're "turning the corner"?...

My Fins won their opener against the Broncos 34-10 in dominating fashion. Denver dared Miami to throw the ball and Gus Frerotte responded with 275 yards and 2 TD's. The Gus Frerotte for MVP bandwagon starts here (and ends here, too, I'm sure, within a few weeks).

Among the myriad NHL retirements this offseason (Damphousse, Messier, Stevens, MacInnis), the NHL lost a true legend. That man? Trent Klatt. No. I kid. I fucking hate Trent Klatt, mostly out of principle. What that principle is? You got me. Seriously though, much dap to the guys mentioned above for awesome careers. Except Stevens, who was a dirty motherfucker. I'll never forgive him for taking out Ronnie Francis, who I'm hoping doesn't follow suit with the rest of the retirees. If he goes, there will be a lengthy section on here dedicated to the classiest man in hockey.

Oh, and I mention I freakin' love John Conyers? Man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home