Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hong-Chih Kuo, new laptop


Brandon Funston, Y!'s second-most capable fantasy baseball writer, made a nice little note in his most recent Skinny about Hong-Chih Kuo, one that I'm taking full advantage of. Kuo is a long/middle reliever but has starting pitcher eligibility. I just lost Jake Peavy to the DL for who knows how long and there's nothing particularly appealing at the SP spot on waivers. Rather than add a scrub who'll give me innings and maybe some Ks, I'm taking Kuo and leaving him in an SP spot on top of my five other relievers. Kuo will help me protect my leads in ERA, WHIP, Ks and K/BB much better than Chad Gaudin or some similar widely-available free agent SP. Leo Nuñez and Taylor Bucholz also both have SP eligibility and are pitching well right now. Neither get the Ks that Kuo does, but they'd be better options in a holds league if you can get away with it.

Here is my new laptop, but tweaked slightly for more memory. It's fun. Contrary to popular belief, Vista is not the worst thing ever. I daresay I even like it. 67.21% (I looked it up) of the complaints about Vista are levied by Mac users with the computer literacy of an eight year-old. When you're drinking from a sippy cup with a swirly straw, don't tell me my goblet sucks because I might spill from it. If you can't secure your computer, you're an idiot. Period. The one thing they have right, though, is that DRM is a massive fail and ought not to exist.

Rome out. (I kid. Jim Rome is a horrible human)

Killer for hire, you know not yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home